Home              About              Stories              Projects             Late Night Thoughts            Review

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"Even as a young boy, my passion was to design, and I have been very lucky to be able to do what I have loved all my life. There can be few greater gifts than that." - Valentino Garavani

What makes blogging a very good cure is i can tell most of my days. Whether is good or bad. Whether is appropriate or not. Whether everyone like it or not, beside this is my blog. Anyway, this Sunday, LaSalle College International Jakarta and Pondok Indah Mall collaborate to hold a fashion show, i don't know exactly, but that will be held on Sunday 12th of May 2012 at Atrium PIM2, in front of Sogo (i guess). I am honestly curious, what is gonna be like. But i always love fashion show, its atmosphere affect me in a good way. It somehow motivates me to do something better, to be in Paris Fashion Week someday, to look Karl Lagerfeld closer (i hope he can make it until i really see him in person. Be strong, Karl.) However, i only watched two fashion shows in these two years so yah i guess, it will be fun to collect another fashion show. Another thing is this fashion show is related to my new subject called......i forgot the subject's name. Ah! Fashion Presentation. This basically teaches us to know how to make a fashion show. The good one. We are taught to be a dresser, manage the seats, some people control the lighting and the music. This should be fun!

Well, i just watched Valentino: The Last Emperor; a good documentary movie starring by Valentino Garavani, the last couturier. This movie told about the last fashion show of Valentino in Milan and that was amazing. The film and the fashion show also. It showed me more than a fashion show. It also showed the way Valentino worked with his best people, his adorable dogs, his struggle, his lover, and the most important is his admiration to beautiful things; he said "I know what women want, they want to be beautiful." His collection presented his concern to the beauty of women around the world.

He did deserve the standing ovation, congratulations, and those flowers.. He deserved tears from his beloved friends because his retirement. He is loved. He is a genius.

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment