Home              About              Stories              Projects             Late Night Thoughts            Review

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Soft Sands, Clear Water, Invisible Jellyfishes, and Dreamy Wedding










Two weeks ago, I was in my short holiday with my family. It was like more weekend getaway than a short holiday. Anyway, we went to Lombok and tried to visit as many islands as we can and we successfully went to the infamous three Gili(s) : Gili Trawangan, Meno, and Air and other virgin Gilis in the south part of Lombok. They were Gili Nanggu, Gili Sudak, and Gili Gendhis. The new Gili had me at ‘virgin islands’. I always love to explore new places and they were totally worth it, though we spent more or less an hour to go to the harbor from where we spent two nights of our four nights: Senggigi. I honestly forgot the name of the resort but it was enjoyable.

In Nanggu and Sudak, we actually found a decent resort, not too fancy, but enough, if you want to wake to sunrise and play canoe all day or simply lay down to get your sun kissed skin.

I have to mention this. So, we had lunch at the same place twice! It was called Seafood 99, it locates in the heart of the city. I personally really love seafood, so I was very thrilled to eat there twice. Hehe.

And Kain Tenun was another mesmerising souvenir. We chose to shop at Slamet Riyadhi. It was kind of pricey but hey, it’s not like easy to make the fabrics. I actually saw how they made it and it takes approximately 2 months to only put thread one by one to the machine.

Actually Senggigi has its own beaches, so if you are too lazy to go across the island, you can always spend time at the resort that actually have private beach. That will be wonderful.

The third day, we went across the islands to go to Gili Trawangan. We spent a night at Villa Ombak Sunset. Agoda actually offered us a good deal. And we were forbidden to use any transportation but Cidomu and bicycle. It was actually very fun! Strolled around the island by bicycle though the sun did blast me because I forgot to put my sunnies on. I also stumbled into a very nice wedding preparation which made me want to arrange mine as soon as I can locate my groom.  

The next day we decided to go snorkeling in the sea near Gili Meno and Gili Air. There was where I got my scars thanks to invisible jellyfishes. They were actually the nice type of jellyfish because if I dive to the deeper ocean, I will see bigger jellyfishes that can leave me with burned scars. BUT it was very relaxing, I tell you. That was the best getaway involving beach, so far.

The last resort where we spent the night was at Kuta, Lombok. I still wonder why they call that part of Lombok as Kuta. I mean, Bali has Kuta. Ah, nevermind. I actually didn’t have the chance to go anywhere because it was pretty excluded and the hotel staff reminded us that Kuta has different tradition compared to other parts of Lombok and Indonesia. So, we stayed in and the next day, I went to my morning yoga class. It’s been ages since my last yoga class it actually felt really good. Until…I almost forgot to pay. That was a real honest mistake, but still very shameful one.

Well, that’s it I guess. Getaway never felt that good. Beside jellyfishes’ sting and embarrassment, it was perfect.      

   

No comments:

Post a Comment